- We will be collecting donations for the Remembrance Day poppy your child will receive – a loony or toonie is appreciated on Nov 10. All funds will go to the Comox Legion
- We are holding a virtual assembly for Remembrance Day – a recording will be shared with parents following
- anyone (students) participaing in the Legion poster / poetry or essay contest needs to have their entry and permission form into the office by 9am on Fri., Nov 13
- Conference Day is Thurs., Nov 19 – there will be no classes for students that day. All appointments will be booked through Candace in the office using the online booking app just like previous years. Conferences will be either by phone call, facetime or teams meeting (ensure you know your child’s teams info). You can register on-line for an appointment with your teacher at school appointments online. The URL is: http://www.brooklyn.schoolappointments.com
- To book your conference time you will need to create an account and book a time from the list that is provided. If you cannot find a time that works for you, please email your teacher.
- Portfolios will be shared at some time during November so you can have a first glance at the collection of learning evidence. Please review and return to the school asap, as per teacher directions.
- Hot Lunch will be starting soon – we need volunteers – if you are interested, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org Hot lunch will be on Thursdays, usually from 11:00 – 12:00. The faster we get volunteers, the faster we can get started :)
- Thank you again for helping children to come directly home after school and not hang around the school yard. Thank you also for your kind manner in our parking lot before and after school. Reminder about the staff lot (the lot closest to the garden) is not a good place to pick up for your children as it is very busy at the end of the day.
Continued best health to you all!!