Mid October news:
- Whereabouts program – you can download an app (or get more info about it) https://www.comoxvalleyschools.ca/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1088803&type=d&pREC_ID=1366067 , or just call 250-339-2232 or email email@example.com as usual – please just check in with us if your child will not be attending or will arrive late / need pick up early. Our new whereabouts program (school messenger) is relentless and will keep rolling through phones and email until confirmation is received.
- Food sharing – is a no at this time, including cupcakes / treats from home that are not pre-packaged. Sadly, this makes birthday or Hallowe’en celebrations in class challenging. Thank you for understanding.
- Photo Retake day (or if you missed the first photos, this is your day) , Nov 2 (am)
Enter your Picture Day ID 1Q121020OQ
Order your perfect package OR – paper copies available at school – just request one if you prefer.
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS – we have done one fire drill and the Shake Out BC drill so far this year. Students did great – calm and quick to check in with their teachers when we evacuated.
- Caribou Math – we had our first contest on Wed this week. Ask you child if they are involved (gr 4-7) – if they missed the sign up – ask them to check into the office so they will be ready for the November contest.
- Parent Teacher Conferences – will be via phone call or a Teams Meeting (video conference) this year. We will have a scheduling system to help parents to choose a time that will work best around their work schedule to have a learning conversation. More info soon about booking.
- Christmas Hamper registration for Salvation Army – 250-338-5133 on Nov 16 – 19 between 9 – 3:30 if you wish to receive. Pre-registration is required.
- OUR HEARTFELT THANK YOU TO YOU ALL – the wood theft broke all of our hearts, and the support felt from our parent community and beyond was so generous! We have benefitted from a wood supplying company who was quick to reach out and offer support in the most logical way they know how, so our wood loss is in the works to be replaced. Thank you Western Forest Products (WFP)!!!! Thank you to our PAC exec for the countless hours of work sourcing out replacement wood, reconciling what was taken / what is needed, and the many phone calls / email messages to follow up with our generous offers of support. AND, thank you to the countless number of Brooklyn families who also offered financial support, storage support or sharing of contacts. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!
- Programs For Girls – two options where you could register your daughter (10 – 13 years old) if this is of interest to you for a program to help with girls. Attached info on both. Sessions will likely be hosted virtually.
- Local Girls group
- BBBS Go Girls
- Animal help – some dogs are frightening to others – size, bark, even the most playful, etc. Please keep your pets leashed and well back from where others will be so all (children and adults) can feel safe on site.
Calendar Heads up:
- Oct 23 – Pro D Day for staff – no classes for students
- Oct 24 – Provincial Election on Brooklyn Site (no pre-voting here)
- Oct 30 – Costume parade at Brooklyn – still working on how to share with parents.
- Nov 2 – Re-take Photo day – bring back un-snipped package to exchange for new photo or do up order if you missed the first photo day (online or paper copy)
- Nov 11 – Remembrance Day Holiday – schools closed
- 12 – Caribou Math Contest – 9am
- 19 – conference day (parent teacher interviews) no classes.
Keep in touch with your teachers if you ever have any questions.
Have a super weekend!