Welcome back, families!!
We hope you enjoyed a healthy, fun-filled and safe summer holiday.
- We still have a few items left from lockers / desks / summary of learning reports that will be sent home with your child(ren) when we return next week. YOu are welcome to call for pick up early if you know you are someone who has items waiting
- Also for Kindergarten parents, we have two surveys for you – one from the learning partnership about your Welcome to Kindergarten experience and the bag of materials you received
- #2 for kindergarten parents is a CHEQ survey (early experiences survey) – many preferred to do this at home and return the “done” slip to the office. Some liked some assistance in our computer lab – both options are available to you. Survey passwords will come home with your child on the first couple days.
Priorities for us this year will revolve around some big umbrellas from last year.
- Health and safety of staff, students, parents, community is paramount. For this reason, how we ended the year last year with reduced adult traffic in the building will resume. Teachers will pick classes up from the field each morning, monitor congestion at the doors and then lead their classes to their door, to handwashing sink and then to class.
- All students and staff arriving to work / school each day must be in optimal health – fevers, coughs, …. must stay home until well.
- Health is also paying attention to social, emotional and mental health. We will continue our work around the Brooklyn Way to remind and support the importance of kindness and compassion.
- Children will be reminded to head straight home after school – please support this routine by avoiding gathering on school grounds after school – thank you.
- We recognize our tighter boundaries at school right now can be hard for families as they affect your own communities and relationships. Your health and happiness is also important to us as you are a very important part of our team. Please keep in touch with your teacher or our office staff if there is anything we can help with.
Pac meeting on Wed at 10am via zoom – contact pac at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions you wish answered by Principal Erica Black (you could type questions in the chat, too) - most of the meeting will be q & a about return to school at Brooklyn.
Erica Black is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Meeting ID: 697 9740 8480
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,69797408480#,,,,,,0#,,614864# US (San Jose)
+19292056099,,69797408480#,,,,,,0#,,614864# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 697 9740 8480
Find your local number: https://ca01web.zoom.us/u/geDxGfCC4x
- School supplies – as we communicated in May & June, school supplies for all have been centrally ordered to minimize packaging and waste. Families will receive a small bill for the consumable materials their child will use later in September. The only item you will need to pick up / re-use from last year is a pencil box (gr 1-7) - Kindergarten families, we bought one for you because you have not been to school yet – you have no supplies to pick up in advance.
- Pack in pack out - this was a goal we made fantastic gains with last year – sending home non-eaten / partially eaten items so parents could assess what their child eats and how much. We also did a lot of work to eliminate single use plastics so wrappers, etc. will be sent home for disposal / recycling. Thank you for continuing to support this goal with us.
- No class placement requests, please – we completed this process back in June and do not want to undo the work we have already done during a calmer time. Thank you for understanding.
- Some good times must have been enjoyed this summer - please share 1 quality (no edits required) photo of your child(ren) and email to email@example.com. This is a fun way we like to return to school after summer holidays by sharing this slideshow, and we will find a way to share this with parents once created.
A couple more messages will come home in the next couple days as we gain clarity about what back to school at Brooklyn will look like.
Please use only trustworthy sites to gain information - lots of wild social media is out there right now. Hopefully our PAC meeting will answer some of your questions, and if not, please contact Principal Erica Black at the school to ask your questions.
Talk again soon!!